Networker

Re: [Networker] bind networker client to a specific nic

2007-12-26 05:22:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] bind networker client to a specific nic
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:18:15 +0200
> Hi Dag,
>
> Thanx for your reply.
>
> Binding to a NIC/IP  means it should not listen on other IP. By default
> it will isten on all IP's.  We can control the dataflow limit it to a
> specific nic, but how to tell networker client to bind/start service
> only on one IP.

Hi,

Yes I know what it means, but I wasn't sure you knew as the question
in your mail was talking about routing backup traffic.
Perhaps if you tell us what and why) you are trying to achieve someone
can help you.

Anyway: There is no official way to restrict the binding of Networker
daemons.

Best
Dag