Networker

Re: [Networker] Install a remote Storage Node

2007-12-17 22:42:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Install a remote Storage Node
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:37:48 -0500
On Dec 17, 2007, at 10:30 PM, angelohl wrote:

Thanks guys; This is what I'd like to be able to do, be able to backup Client3 and Client4, from the NWServer in Site1 and have that Save Set be on the storage node on Site2. So I guess I'd need to know how to install the storage node in Site2 onto the NWServer in Site1. I have an image I could email?[/img]

You would install the storage node software on Site2, then run jbconfig on Site2 with the option "-s Site1". On Site1 (your networker server), you set up a client and in the storage nodes section, you include "Site2" then include "Site1". You should also read the NetWorker Administrator's Guide which is available both on the CD kit that EMC sends out, as well as on EMC's http://powerlink.emc.com web site.