Networker

Re: [Networker] Ignore NFS mounts

2007-12-14 15:15:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Ignore NFS mounts
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:07:40 -0500
Davina said:

>That is just ridiculous. Someone in EMC needs shooting for that. That
>means that the default behaviour is to backup potentially large
>filesystems multiple times over a network connection. Worse still, it
is

I'm going to have to agree with you there.  It makes the All saveset
completely unusable in many environments.  I always recommend that you
use All (or ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in NetBackup all-local in TSM), as it
auto-skips NFS/CIFS.  In NBU, there is a switch to turn it on/off per
policy.  That way if you want to override the default (sane) behavior,
you can.

I feel a blog coming on (http://www.backupcentral.com).