Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato NW 7.4 DR Scenario

2007-12-05 06:58:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato NW 7.4 DR Scenario
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 06:54:31 -0500
On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:50 PM, angelohl wrote:

If I have two sites, Site1 and Site2, and NW Server is in Site1 -
A) what happens to clients if the NW Server is off-line?

The clients can't be backed up to the NetWorker server if its offline.

B) Will they still be able to backup?

No, of course not.

C) Can A storage node server still recover files to the clients?

Not until the NSR server its connected to is brought back online. A storage node is no better than a paper weight without a NSR server to control it.

D) Can I take the licenses and rebuild another NW Server and If I keep the same name, will I have to re-establish connections with all the clients???

You would need to recover your media database (and probably client file index data) onto the storage node. Your storage node would need enough disk space mounted locally to house the metadata that the NSR server houses, or at least enough for the media database.

You should definitely read the NetWorker disaster recovery guide which is available on the CD kit and also downloadable via http://powernet.emc.com