Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up a client to a storage node and its indexes

2007-12-04 23:23:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up a client to a storage node and its indexes
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:17:42 +1100
Yes - it's the backup server that's backing up the indexes - where it
does the backup to is controlled by the client record for the server
itself...

You may have noted that you cant remove the word nsrserverhost from the
storage nodes field - the trick here is to add the storage node you want
the indexes to go to at the front of a list with nsrserverhost at the
end. The effect will be that all backups from the server - its own
filesystems, and index backups will go to the storage node, however the
bootstrap and the index of the server's own filesystems will still go to
it's local device...

Of course if you wanted to direct to different storage nodes depending
on which client the index is for you are stuck.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.