Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up a client to a storage node and its indexes

2007-12-04 22:58:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up a client to a storage node and its indexes
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 22:51:01 -0500
Today at 6:41pm, Stan Horwitz wrote:

I have a particular NetWorker 7.4 that gets backed up to a storage node with LTO-3 tapes. These tapes are than sent off-site. What happens is that this client's indexes get backed up to the NetWorker server. I prefer for the index data to be backed up ONLY to the same tapes on the storage node that receive the client's actual data.. If this is possible, could someone please let me know how to make it happen? Thanks.

My understanding (in 7.3) is that it is the NW Server that has to back up the indexes. Therefore, the tape would have to be unmounted on the storage node and remounted on the NW Server for the index to be written to it.

Therefore, I don't think it is likely that NW will go to that bother -- instead it is likely to mount another tape of the correct pool and hold it to write all the indexes to.