Networker

[Networker] can jbedit be used when acsls is managing library

2007-11-29 09:42:08
Subject: [Networker] can jbedit be used when acsls is managing library
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:37:26 +0000
I have added a new storage node and presented it with 12 tape devices. When i
use NMC to scan the storage node I can see all 12 devices. When i attempt to
re-configure the library  i can see my storage node listed but there is only
one tape device listed with the storage node. I have selected this device and
can use it successfully.

  Why can i not see the other 11 devices in the NMC. Is this another bug on
7.3.2 jumbo 11 (solaris 9)?

  I would like to try and add the other drives using jbedit but i think that i
need the element address of the drives. The library is managed by acsls so
there is no robotic arm assigned to the backup server that i can take the SCSI
control port from to run sjisn to find the element address of the tape devices.

  Is there another way of getting the element address of the tape devices and
is jbedit useable when ACSLS is manageing the library?

  Thanks