Networker

Re: [Networker] Changing from storage node to regular client?

2007-11-27 11:03:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Changing from storage node to regular client?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:57:28 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
11/27/2007 10:25:42 AM:

> Hello,
> Sure, just clean up SN definitions from master server

Not sure what you mean here ... do you mean to delete the storage node
definitions on the "Devices" tab of the GUI?

> and provision the  clients previously being backed up by them to
alternate SN or MS , then

In my case, these 2 storage nodes are dedicated storage nodes, so they
only back themselves up; they have no clients that back up to them. So no
worries there.

> reinstall Networker software and chose client-like you normally do,
create
> the client definition on the master server for them , if you do not have

> them already and you should be in business.

The master server has the client definition already, yes. So I won't need
to re-create the client definition the master server?

Both of these storage nodes are SQL servers, and have the SQL module
installed on them as well. But I shouldn't need to touch that at all. Just
re-install the client, hopefully just choosing "client" instead of
"storage node".

Thanks