Networker

[Networker] NDMP Restore, Expired Savesets & Scanner

2007-11-21 13:19:48
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Restore, Expired Savesets & Scanner
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:15:02 -0600
Hello,
I am attempting to restore an expired saveset on NetApp Filer, for some
reason, i don't seem to be able to scan the tapes with
scanner -i or m and view any savesets on the volume, scanner completes
fine but the volume tab shows no savesets.
There are total of 4 tapes in question for this saveset of NDMP type and
they are all behaving same way.
I have increased the BP & RP of the client in question but the saveset
still does not applier in the list of saveset recovery for the client.
I have also tried using nsrck -L7 -t "clientname" with the date from the
tape and Networker asks for different tapes then what i know to have the
saveset contained, i know this are the tape, since i had recovered the
same save set few days ago, using the same tapes, but at that time the
saveset were in media dB.
mminfo -av -V "volume name" does not display any saveset either.
What am i missing, do i need to scan on the NDMP device with different
switch ?
What is the best way to recover the expired saveset ?
Thanks