Networker

Re: [Networker] jbconfig with ACSLS

2007-11-16 14:21:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] jbconfig with ACSLS
From: "O'Brien, Sharon L" <Sharon.OBrien AT UNISYS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:15:20 -0600
We have an SL8500 using ACSLS. Jbconfig runs the same, you just need to specify
that it is an acsls silo.

What you need to know is the correlation of the physical drive to each server
using it. What I do is create a spreadsheet as follows:

Physical                            phy
SL8500  HLI-PRC         corrected       Bay     Drive SN        server1 server2
server3
Address     address     address

1,2,2,1,4       1,1,15,0        0,1,1,15        33      HU10543463      tape1
                        tape1
1,2,-2,1,4      1,1,3,0 0,1,1,3 36      HU10543486      tape2
        tape0
1,2,2,1,1       1,1,12,0        0,1,1,12        45      HU1054342W      tape3
1,2,-2,1,1      1,1,0,0 0,1,1,0 48      HU105434A4      tape4
        tape3
1,1,2,1,4       0,1,15,0        0,0,1,15        49      HU1054340G      tape5
                        tape2
1,1,-2,1,4      0,1,3,0 0,0,1,3 52      HU1054343N      tape6           tape0

You get the server info using inquire on each of the systems, the addresses for
ACSLS come from the ACSLS server, do a Query/drives/All. That gives you the HLI
address, then the corrected address that is what you actually give to networker
just takes the last digit and moves it to the front.

When you run jbconfig, it will ask you for the first device you want to config,
and you give it the DDS paths and the corrected address. You can configure the
drives in any order, since it uses the address to determine the drive. You
don't need to do them in specific order the way you do on a scsi attached
library.

Hope that helps a little