Networker

Re: [Networker] data recovery looking for old tapes

2007-11-15 10:07:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] data recovery looking for old tapes
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:56:50 +0000
thanks. i will look at the index and see if there is anything unusual.

Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:  On Nov 15, 2007, at 6:34 AM, mark
wragge wrote:

> Hi, I am having a problem recovering a full backup of some data from
> a windows 7.4 client. The client was backed up level full last
> friday and we are attempting to do a level full restore by selecting
> the entire data drive for recovery. The drive is not the system
> drive and contains user files in a folder structure.
>
> When we view the required volumes for the data recovery Networker
> is requesting volumes that are weeks old. The only volume that
> should be required is last fridays volume.
>
> The browse time is correct for the client recovery in networker
> user. Networker reports that the level full backup was successful
> last firday except for a few skipped open pst files.
>
> For what reasons could networker be requesting these old tapes and
> why does networker not use last fridays tape!
>
> Thanks for any tips, Mark

Mark;

Did you compare what you see in the recover GUI with what "mminfo -v -
c client" says? Do they match up for the disk volume in question for
last Friday? Perhaps your media index is corrupt. If so, "nsrck -X
client" might fix it.