Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin print nst license info question

2007-11-13 13:18:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin print nst license info question
From: Frank Vanstaveren <FVANSTAVEREN AT OSC.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:07:58 -0500
We're still trying to get licensing use figured out.  I took  over the
AIX/UNIX team last December.  I think we have about 105, EMC says 96.  I
think I should have 10 left from the master storage node.  No one knows how
to check into it, and I'm left trying to match LIC numbers with what the
servers report.

I'd use nsrlic, but we can't get it to spit out all the info where I can
get it into a text file for excel.

Frank

             Stan Horwitz
             <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

             Sent by: EMC                                               To
             NetWorker                 NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             discussion                                                 cc
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>                                        Subject
                                       Re: [Networker] nsradmin print nst
                                       license info question
             11/13/2007 12:30
             PM

             Please respond to
               EMC NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Stan Horwitz
             <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Frank Vanstaveren wrote:

> We couldn't get this to work, do I have the format right? Should we
> key the
> following ?  We're AIX 5.3 and Networker 7.3.3.
>

> nsradmin
> echo "print type:nsr license" | nsradmin -i - | mailx -s "License
> Info"

Wouldn't it be easier to use the nsrlic utility?

type