Networker

Re: [Networker] Re-running failed savesets only

2007-11-12 14:25:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Re-running failed savesets only
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:18:32 +0000
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 12:40:13PM -0500, Ben Wall wrote:
> Thanks, James, that was definitely the case - was using Start instead of
> Restart. I'll give that a try the next time this happens.
>
> Jonathan, the "Restart Window" attrib is a great idea as well, except that
> it doesn't exist in our version of NetWorker - 7.2. Yet another reason to
> upgrade I guess...

If you can't "restart" the group, then I'm not aware of a manual way to
run only particlar savesets except for explicitly running 'save' on the
client.  And that's difficult because you'd have to have the timestamp
for the previously relevant saveset.

If you can stand the error messages, you could run the group for that
client and kill the processes for the filesystems that you don't need
(or take them out of the worklist before they start in the first place).

Alternatively, it's modify the client or set up an alternate client with
the required savesets.