Networker

Re: [Networker] Database hosed after upgrading to 7.4?

2007-11-07 14:57:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Database hosed after upgrading to 7.4?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:48:49 -0500
On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Peter Grace wrote:

Hi fellow NetWorkers,

This may be a really simple fix but I'm not sure where to attack.  I'm
trying to restore stuff from when I used 7.2 on this machine.  The
machine is now 7.4, but it says the client doesnt have any backed up
save sets.  See below example, I can clearly query the media database
and see the tape I need is for ninmp3. Even when I specifically specify
-c ninmp3, it still tells me there's no index.

Is there a command I can run to regenerate the media index based on
what's in the database, or am I stuck rescanning the tapes I saved in
7.2 into 7.4?

[root@ninmp3 catalogs]# mminfo -r nsavetime,client -q volume=TPI674SV
  save time client
 1191568955 ninmp3
 1191571672 ninmp3
 1191574449 ninmp3
 1191576799 ninmp3
 1191578939 ninmp3
 1191581235 ninmp3
[root@ninmp3 catalogs]# recover -c ninmp3 /
39584:recover: No files have been backed up for this client. No index
was found on the server for the path / on this client.

Try nsrck -X ninmp3