Networker

Re: [Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a report?

2007-11-05 16:21:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a report?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:59:23 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a...:

So I have this little script I run daily at a remote site:

mminfo -avot -q "near,savetime > 1 day ago" -r "pool,volume,volaccess(22)"

It shows me the tape that was written to most recently. I email that to me
and the texh who is responsible for that site. What I'd like to do, tho,
is have the report list what slot in the autochanger today's tape is in,
so he knows which slot to eject, without having to start Networker and
look.

For example, I get this right now:

pool                            volume                         vol access
642nBroad      642nBroad.Full.004    11/5/2007 10:01:21 AM

What I need is:

pool                            volume              Slot            vol
access
642nBroad      642nBroad.Full.004    4        11/5/2007 10:01:21 AM

mminfo doesn't have that information, because it's not stored in the media
database.  It's part of your jukebox resource.  If you want that, you need
to use nsrjb.

I'm not sure I understand the question though, so let me ask a couple
questions.

Why don't you just have the script that generates the report actually
eject (I'm assuming you mean withdraw) the tape?  Then your tech doesn't
need to do anything.

Alternately, why not just use the volume label (rather than the slot
number) that the tape is in?  nsrjb is perfectly capable of accepting

        nsrjb -w 642nBroad.Full.004

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)