Networker

Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4

2007-10-25 08:24:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:11:19 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/24/2007 05:22:07 PM:

> Ok, been running networker 7.4 build 187 for just about a month now and
> here are some thoughts.
> Server is windows 2003 sp2.

<snip>

> The server part:
> Well well....
> I upgraded with the LGTPatch7669 to solve the missing savegroup lines,
but
> that resultet in my nsrd proccess just dying after 1-2 days resulting in

> backups not running... so patch is off now and I got a more stable
system
> by the looks of it.

Crashed my server, too (see my post here about that). I have had an open
call in with EMC support for over a week, with no new information
forthcoming from them, even though I call every day. At this point, all
I'm looking for is for someone to say :"We're still looking into it, and
we haven't forgotten you". :-(

> but its still acting wierd. Right now I wont save the indexes after
> backup, just saying contacting client, and thats the server itself..
> And I have save sets that fails mostly with errors like this "RPC error:

> RPC cannot encode arguments" and then without me doing anything they run

> fine the next time.

Haven't seen that yet. Have seen some weirdness with SQL jobs (SQL module
log says sucessful, but GUI reports failure), but that *may* be unrelated.
I have an open case about that, too, although this time I am at least
hearing back with suggestions (mostly about doing it manually, with
extreme verbosity, and sending logs).