Networker

Re: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library

2007-10-23 16:47:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:38:48 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library, MIchael Leone said...:

I'd like to run a report that shows me all the tapes currently in the
library slots that have a used percentage > 0, and I'd like to see the
volume ID, pool, last access date and time. But it seems like mminfo won't
allow me to specify the report criteria to print (unless I'm totally
missing something, which is entirely likely), when I'm querying media in
the library, as opposed to media in the media database.

C:\PHA Scripts>mminfo -q "near,%used>0" -m
state volume                  written  (%)  expires     read mounts
capacity
      915613                    14 GB   9% 12/23/2007   0 KB    23    160
GB

I can't add any "-r" specs to the mminfo command. Can anybody re-point me
in the right direction to get what I want?

As Darren already indicated, the problem is that you're using -m, which is
effectively a report, so you can't ask for another one via -r.  Drop the
-m, add the -r with the attributes you're interested in reporting.

mminfo -q 'near,%used>0' -r 'volume,pool,volaccess(22)'

Note: I'm assuming when you say "volume ID" you mean its name, which is
the volume attribute, rather than the volid, which is an internal
NetWorker attribute that probably isn't much use to you in this situation.

Another way to accomplish the same thing is to query on savetime or
nsavetime (a saveset attribute), but report the volume name and pool.
That gets you the same info (all the volumes that have been written to
since the time in question).

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)