Networker

[Networker] Novell problem

2007-10-23 14:06:05
Subject: [Networker] Novell problem
From: Zwe Paing <Zwe.Paing AT MARYMOUNT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:52:14 -0400
Hello:

I have a problem with my back ups on netware 7.2.1 server and netware client 4.22. Here's my scenario. I have a networker server sits on main campus and netware client (novell box) is on remote campus. File transfer speed is really slow between campuses and back ups used to run on a single group and size is about ~60GB for the full back up and it took about 2 to 4 days to complete. Lately, there were problems with back ups never finished properly. So we broke down the group and created smaller chunks of save sets and that worked well except for the biggest folder ~40GB where all the users folders are stored and that back up jobs failed all the time. I'm also noticing there's a problem with networker client on netware box also. The networker module on netware would sometimes not available/running and killed the back ups and I had to reload the networker client again on novell to start the back ups all over again. I was wondering/seeking help if there's any solution to solve this problem either by breaking down more on users folders or any other way around. I could only think about typing/creating each user's folder as save set but I don't think that's a very good idea. I'll be waiting for your suggestions and please let me know if you need more info about this problem.

Thank you.

Zwe