Networker

[Networker] Recover help

2007-10-18 16:35:50
Subject: [Networker] Recover help
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:30:19 -0700
I'm running Networker 7.2.2 on W2K.

Trying to restore some files from 2 years ago I run the nsrck -L7
command and get the following:

========================
C:\>nsrck -t "09/24/05 02:55:19" -L7 zeus
nsrck: checking index for 'zeus'
nsrck: The file index for client 'zeus' will be recovered.
nsrck: The index recovery for 'zeus' failed.
nsrck: File index error: can't find index backups for 'zeus' on server
'demeter.ad.garmin.com'

nsrck: Completed checking 1 client(s)
========================

I tried scanning in the index and got this:

========================
C:\>scanner -i -S 2637505255  \\.\Tape1
scanner: scanning 8mm AIT-4 tape 150401 on \\.\Tape1
scanner: 8mm AIT-4 tape 322125827 for volume 150401 conflicts with
existing media database entry for 8mm AIT tape 322125827
========================

That makes sense since the media information for tape 150401 is still
there.

Here's the relevant mminfo output:
 volume        client           date     time         size ssid      fl
lvl name
150401         demeter           09/24/05 02:55:19 1337 MB 2637505255 cE
full index:zeus

One other piece of information that might be relevant is that we
switched both the Networker server and client in question to MS Active
Directory about 6 months ago.

It seems like I'm missing something but I can't figure it out.  Can
anyone help?

Thanks, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth<at>garmin.com

use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
Thank you for your cooperation