Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with mmrecov after /nsr array failure

2007-10-18 09:03:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with mmrecov after /nsr array failure
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:56:26 -0400
On Oct 18, 2007, at 5:54 AM, Macina, Conrad wrote:

We've seen a similar problem in disaster recovery testing. The
workaround is to stop NetWorker and delete the devices and jukebox using
nsradmin with NetWorker down.

# nsr_shutdown
# cd /nsr2
# nsradmin -d res/nsrdb
NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode.
nsradmin> . type:nsr device
Current query set
nsradmin> show name
nsradmin> print
The program displays a list of all defined devices
nsradmin> delete
                        name: /dev/rmt/Xcbn;
Delete? y
deleted resource id 0.170.99.85.63.30.111.108.170.116.34.57(23383)
Repeat for each device
nsradmin> . type:nsr jukebox
Current query set
nsradmin> show name
nsradmin> print
The program displays a list of all defined jukeboxes
nsradmin> delete
                        name: "rd=oldstoragenode:oldjukebox";
Delete? y
deleted resource id
1.41.66.32.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.65.88.118.224.170.116.34.57(5485)
This repeats for each jukebox
nsradmin> quit

After completing this, start up NetWorker and run jbconfig.

Conrad; I went through this procedure and it worked, but its not quite right. I need to assign five of the 14 tape drives for NDMP and both the GUI and nsradmin say that the NDMP button in the tape resource is read only and cannot be changed. When I ran jbconfig, it asked if any of the devices were for NDMP and I said yet, but it never prompted me for the storage node name, password, and other info.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?