Networker

Re: [Networker] SAVEGRP HELP

2007-10-17 11:47:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAVEGRP HELP
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:41:36 -0000
Hi Fazil,

You cannot overwrite SN Affinity from group level.

You can try forcing savegroup to use a pool that is not allowed on
backup server devices... (then use -I for not saving indexes and
bootstrap) but requries you to add sn to each client SN Affinity list

The only other "workaround" keeping same pools you may have is
adding the new SN in each client's storage node affinity list,
turn all backup server devices to service mode and
launch the group. Streams will go to SN (depending of
used pool and per pool allowed device settings, off course).
Then once all sessions are started, reset server devices to
enabled state.

No other solutions I think ....

What I always try to do is to never use my backup servers
as storage node ...

HTH

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels