Networker

[Networker] Double usergroups and notifications after reinstallation

2007-10-11 11:10:04
Subject: [Networker] Double usergroups and notifications after reinstallation
From: "Coronel, David" <David.Coronel AT MELOCHEMONNEX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:02:08 -0400
Hi, I have a weird issue since upgrading our Solaris 8 Networker server
to Solaris 10. We did the upgrade by doing a fresh new installation of
Solaris 10 on the server and reinstalling the Networker packages,
followed by overwriting the /nsr directory with a ufsdump/ufsrestore of
the previous /nsr from the Solaris 8.

Since then things are working OK and backups have resumed but I noticed
some double entries in a few places. For example, now in User Groups, I
have two Administrators groups and two Users groups. I still have my
originals, but I have new ones that seem to contain default records
(such as user=root,host=qcmtlash).

I also noticed I have double entries in Server Notifications. Again, I
have my original notifications, but now I have default entries as well
(sending mail to root).

When we restored the ufsdump, I forgot to shutdown Networker first. I
aborted the ufsrestore and shutdown Networker and then restarted the
ufsrestore.

Anyone have any ideas?

We use Networker 7.2.1.Build.311

Thanks,