Networker

[Networker] Can't seem to configure Storage Node on NW 7.4 for Windows

2007-10-08 14:50:31
Subject: [Networker] Can't seem to configure Storage Node on NW 7.4 for Windows
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:46:32 -0400
So I have a Win2003 64-bit SQL 2005 server. The NW 7.4 client has been
installed as a storage node, and the latest SQL module installed. (that
was before I got here, but I re-ran the installation, and it confirmed
that it is installed as "Storage Node"). My NetWorker server is also 7.4.

When I go to create a new Storage Node, as per pg 87 of the manual, it
creates, but is not configured. I have created the client and SQL client
entries (under CONFIGURATION, CLIENTS). NW recognizes them - it finds the
enabler code, and lets me create them as clients (one client is the file
system, which we backup weekly, one client is the SQL client, which we
backup nightly).

I can't seem to figure out why the Storage Node isn't configured. When I
go into it, and tell it that I have 2 devices, it tells me that it can't
locate the node ... (the 2 devices being the disk location, which does
exist and is mapped on that server as X:\DBO).

I can't seem to locate anything that explains what step I missed, or why
the NW server thinks it can't find it. I do have connectivity, and the
storage node is up.

Pointers, anyone?

--
Michael Leone