Networker

Re: [Networker] 2 Questions installing/patching networker 7.2.2 on Solaris

2007-10-05 11:05:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] 2 Questions installing/patching networker 7.2.2 on Solaris
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:00:54 +0100
Stefan Seibt wrote:
Hi all,
short (but important for me) Questions :

I need to install Legato networker in Version 7.2.2 at a customers site.
I got the 7.2.0-CDs and the Jumbo-Patch 7.2.2. Strange enough, i do not find
any documentation about this topic :

    Can i install 7.2.0 and apply the Jumbo-patch 7.2.2 to get a running 7.2.2 ?

7.2.2 jumbo is probably a full install so no need to install 7.2 first.

Next thing : Downloading a security patch (LGTOsc02250) i got three versions
for Solaris called "sol7i", "sol7n", "sol7w" without any description what
the purpose/defference for these three are.

    Could you give me an short explanation of the purpose of these three ?

i=intel
n=narrow (32 bit)
w=wide (64 bit)