Networker

[Networker] Quantum DX3000 VTL - virtual tape block size issue?

2007-10-05 09:10:25
Subject: [Networker] Quantum DX3000 VTL - virtual tape block size issue?
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:06:16 -0400
Just ran into an interesting issue.

I have 7.3.3 running on a CentOS 4 box with a Quantum DX3000 VTL. Has been running fine for quite a while.

While duplicating to tape, the nsrclone operation failed with:

NetWorker media: (notice) Volume "DX0016" on device "/dev/nst6": Block size is 32768 bytes not 131072 bytes. Verify the device configuration. Tape positioning by record is disabled.

NetWorker media: (info) can not read record 0 of file 8 on dlt7000 tape DX0016

I can see from the saveset list on DX0016, that all the savesets look fine, except for the second one listed (second oldest), which was a Windows saveset that has flags "cE", and the status is listed as "in-progress suspect", and its definitely not in progress.

nsrclone even mentions that it will skip that saveset as being incomplete, but it doesn't seem able to read past this point on the virtual tape at all of I skip that saveset, and there are plenty of savesets behind it.

Any ideas on how to get around it? Any ideas on how to prevent it? Do I not have a blocking factor set somewhere I should?

-Brian