Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux storage node working with Solaris Networker server

2007-10-03 17:23:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux storage node working with Solaris Networker server
From: "Marcelo H. Bartsch" <mbartsch AT UNIX911.ATH DOT CX>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:16:13 -0400
Stan,
we had a file system and tapes on the linux sn and file systems and tapes on the solaris server, we stage on both machines, sharing the same SCSI library STK-L80, the only gotcha is to set the block size to a fixed size on storage node and server drives.

if you need more info, please contactme off list to go into details, if needed.

Also, as you said the only solution to had the same FS on solaris and linux is to share from a third server using NFS... but... i wouldn't do it.... just don't like NFS for I/O heavy operations. there are plans to supports zfs on linux.. but in the future :|.......