Networker

[Networker] How to use two storage nodes?

2007-10-03 10:47:36
Subject: [Networker] How to use two storage nodes?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:42:08 -0400
Hi, How do you get the server to write to the second storage node in it's affinity list?

I list two storage nodes, and there's no available tapes on the first one, but it never goes to the second snode even though there's an appendable tape there. There's no device restrictions on the pool, and I have the 'Save mount timeout' and 'Save lockout' set to 30 and 1 on snode 1 and 30 and 2 on snode 2. I can see that it periodically locks the snodes, but it never writes any data to the other one, it just keeps badgering me about needing a tape on the first one. Sheesh! I then change the order of the snodes in the list and then restart the group, and it runs fine. Bummer it won't auto switch. This does seem to work with other clients sometimes.

Does anyone have this working? We're using 7.2.2 on Solaris with RH Linux snodes.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210