Networker

Re: [Networker] 16 nsrexecd: Host name verification failed - unknown host:

2007-10-03 06:10:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] 16 nsrexecd: Host name verification failed - unknown host:
From: "Anderson, Howard" <Howard.Anderson AT EDL.UK.EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:01:58 +0100
Frank,

Just a long shot, but I remember some years ago getting host name errors which
turned out to be from a system on my local subnet installed with an earlier
version of Networker client. I was not aware that this client existed, and had
not configured it in my server, but it must have been trying some kind of
broadcast to any server.
>From memory the client was in fact a version of Networker installed by default
>in Informix Online SQL Database ver 7.31.
(It uses a cut down version of Networker as its included backup storage
manager.)
I disabled and removed this client, and got no more host verification errors.

It may be worth looking for a Networker client service running on a system
where you do not expect it to be.

Regards,

Howard  Anderson

EDS Defence (UK) Ltd
1-3 Bartley Way Business Park
Bartley Way
Hook
Hampshire
RG27 9XA

Tel:       +44 (0) 1256 742209                  Fax:       +44 (0) 1256 742639

This email contains information which is confidential and may be privileged.
Unless you are the intended addressee (or authorised to receive for the
addressee) you may not use, forward, copy or disclose to anyone this email or
any information contained in this email. If you have received this email in
error, please advise the sender by reply email immediately and delete this
email.
EDS Defence Ltd
Registered Office: 4 Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB11
1BQ.

Registered in England no: 936751

VAT number: 432 99 5915