Networker

[Networker] Importing foreign tapes

2007-10-01 17:59:34
Subject: [Networker] Importing foreign tapes
From: Kenny <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:55:05 -0700
Group,

I have some older DLT tapes that I am having converted to LTO-1. These DLT
tapes are from a Networker Domain that is no longer up and running.

I need to import the converted LTO-1 tapes into my current Networker
environment. I need a guesstimate on how long each tape will take to import
from a LTO-1 drive?

I am guessing I can import at half the rated speed of the LTO drive, about 7.5
MB/sec.

Do you think thats acurate or does it take lots longer to import foreign tapes?

Thanks in advance,

Pat