Networker

Re: [Networker] How best to script re-labeling tapes ...

2007-10-01 10:14:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] How best to script re-labeling tapes ...
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:08:21 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/01/2007 03:34:12 AM:

> A Darren Dunham wrote:

> In this case the OP said that he was planning to relabel recyclable
> tapes into the same pool, which to me seems to be like a broken pencil -
> pointless.

heh

I mentioned that to my boss (about NW automatically relabeling tapes as
needed), and he said "That is what's theoretically supposed to happen.
However, if we relabel ourselves (on tapes 2 months old or older), then we
know that it has happened, and not be caught, if NW doesn't do it the way
we expect ...".

So in my case, the point is ... beacuse my boss wants me to do it that
way. So I do ...