Networker

Re: [Networker] Mixed LTO tapes in a library

2007-08-27 12:50:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Mixed LTO tapes in a library
From: John Hope-Bailie <johnhb AT CHANNELDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:45:19 +0200
Hi Yaron,

Thanks for the feedback. I must be missing something.

You have confirmed that your LTO-2 cartridges are now all shown as LTO-3
media type. As far as I am aware the definition of the media type takes
place when the catridge is labelled, and is set according to the media
type of the drive.  This could be explained if all of your LTO-2
cartridges have been re-labelled since the introduction of your new
drives.

Can you confirm this ?

If not, I am baffled as to how they could have changed from LTO-2 media
type to LTO-3 media type.

Cheers,
John Hope-Bailie