Networker

[Networker] backup success in daemon.log but fails in group details

2007-08-21 12:21:33
Subject: [Networker] backup success in daemon.log but fails in group details
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:17:49 +0100
I have a client backup failure on a solaris 9 server (Client and Server are
7.3.2 jumbo11). Just one saveset on this client fails (the os is successful)
and the failing directory has never backed up successfully, but i have
successfully backed up one test file and one 3gb directory in this. The failing
directory is a slice on the root disk.

  The strange thing is that I have just cut down the directory into four
savesets to try and identify where it fails. Each savest is 10gb and although
they all failed on 10gb the daemon.log reported that each saveset was done. The
backup group then reported the savesets as failed but the group is still
running and the nsrindexd service is still running on the netowrker server for
each of the failed savesets. The nsrindexd service stops when i stop the group.

  I have looked at the media index and it show each saveset on the tape as
aborted and the client index does not reference the saveset at all. The data on
the directory is copied to the directory from a cron job in the evening and it
contains zipped databases.

  Is it possible that i have a corrupt client index or corrupt data disk or
where can i look at now!! We have been trying to solve this for weeks.

  Thanks for any tips, Mark