Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin weirdness

2007-08-15 15:17:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin weirdness
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:14:22 -0700
> I have several clients that are no longer members of any groups, but an
> 'nsradmin' query reports them as being members of two different active
> groups. I checked these clients under nwadmin, and there are no groups
> selected. Furthermore, I also ran nsradmin, went into visual mode, and
> looked at each client. Again, no groups are selected for these guys.
>
> Here's the nsradmin command:
>
> nsradmin> show name
> nsradmin> print type: NSR client;  group: group_name

Do these clients exist in multiple instances or only a single instance.
That in itself shouldn't cause any of this, but it does increase the
complexity of the output, so it's easier to misinterpret it.

You should show group as well as name.  That way you can see if nsradmin
is really seeing the group setup that way, or if it's just selecting
them incorrectly.

Can you add one of the clients into some of the groups and see if the
groups that nsradmin reports for it changes?  That should provide some
more information about what is occuring.

> It reports several clients that are indeed members of the group, but it
> also reports several that are not. Hmm .... Anyone have any ideas on why
> this would be and/or how to fix this? Possible corruption? I haven't
> tried deleting the clients yet. Maybe that would resolve it? Not sure
> how long this has been this way, but this is the first time I ran this
> particular query so who knows.

I've not seen anything similar to this behavior so far.