Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up a Windows 2003 Intel Xeon based 64bit client

2007-08-02 17:57:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up a Windows 2003 Intel Xeon based 64bit client
From: Kevin Malone <kcmalone AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:55:36 -0400
I was told by EMC that the 7.2.2 jumbo client did not support 64-bit Windows.
You can use the 7.3.2 jumbo client.  That is what we are using for 3 servers
running Windows Sever R2 64-bit.

>>> Lancy Quadros <Lancy.Quadros AT ROTARY DOT ORG> 8/2/2007 5:48 PM >>>
Hello Networkers!!

I have two clients that I need to add to our backups. The config for
both the clients is as follows:

Processor: x86 64bit
OS: Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition
Database: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
Clustered: yes

The backup server is on a Solaris 10 based server that has Networker
7.2.2 jumbo.

Does anybody know if the 7.2.2 jumbo 32bit client with will work for the
client configuration listed above? Or can I use the 7.3 64 bit client
with the 7.2.2 server?

Thanks in advance,

Lancy