Networker

[Networker] NDMP Restore... Known issue for 7.2.1

2007-07-30 10:34:34
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Restore... Known issue for 7.2.1
From: "Albert, Eddie (GTI)" <Eddie_Albert AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:30:11 -0400
Ah yes the old LIVE AND LEARN adage.. <grin>

Customer would like to restore 400Mb of data via NDMP.

Bzzzzt... won't work.

Customer tries again...

Bzzzzt... won't work...

Customer contacts the new guy

Bzzzt... the new guy (that's me by the way) unable to restore.
        new guy becoming concerned boss will wonder why he is paying me

New guy puts in ticket with EMC
        Ding-ding-ding... we have a winner

KNOWN ISSUE with Networker 7.2.1 performing MULTIPLE FILE restore via
NDMP.
        Temp Resolution... Save Set Restore and then pick and choose
your files.

Ahhh... all is good in the LAN of Network Serfs...

What's that...yes boss, back to training aye-aye...

{We cut to scene of our young apprentice the new guy being trained IN
THE TEMPLE OF THE BULL}

        [Wax-on...Wax-off]
        [Wax-on...Wax-off]
        [Wax-on...Wax-off]

        [Paint up the fence...Paint down the fence]
        [Paint up the fence...Paint down the fence]
        [Paint up the fence...Paint down the fence]

        [Sanding Side to Side]
        [Sanding Side to Side]
        [Sanding Side to Side]

This has been another adventure of.... THE NETWORKER KID!

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.