Networker

[Networker] Is support of networker with emc getting better or worse?

2007-07-30 06:53:43
Subject: [Networker] Is support of networker with emc getting better or worse?
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:50:22 +0100
I would like to get some feedback from others regarding the current quality of
networker support from EMC. Do you find it is getting better or worse?
  Over the past months i have used powerlink to log a number of support calls
that have been responded to once and then no response. Two of the calls in
particular i have requested an update through powerlink on a daily basis (as a
sort of survey) and there was never one response from an engineer. In one case
i received a phone call from an enginner 3 weeks after the initial response
during which time i had resolved the case through this website.

  In my experience over te past 6 monhts there is only one way to get a
response from support and that is by logging the case as severity 1. But then
as soon as the enginner drops it to severity 2 there is no response - and I
mean NO response.

  Customers are paying money for licenses that do not work ( we have 2
incidense of this at the moment for exchange and MS vclusters) and they are
paying for support of these licesnes and EMC support are doing nothing about
it.

  Is the problem here powerlink? does it actually register my updates with the
support team or are they working from powerlink at all?

  Other experiences appreciated!