Networker

Re: [Networker] Sungard DR testing

2007-07-27 11:14:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Sungard DR testing
From: "Sackson [US], Mark A." <Mark.Sackson AT SPERRY.NGC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:10:00 -0400
I am not sure which SunGard facility you are going to, but we go to the
one in Philly every year to test the DR of our NetWorker server. We are
running on AIX.

Assuming that you have the correct NetWorker installation media,
bootstrap reports, correct tapes, and your SunGard contract specifies
the correct equipment, you should be able to get the basic NetWorker
server up and running fairly efficiantly. But as Stan mentioned, we have
no idea how big your environment is, how many servers, etc are involved.

I can say SunGard is very helpful, but you need to make sure you have
ALL the correct data & documentation in place prior to showing up.
Additionally, when you schedule your DR, SunGard will prepare the
hardward, in advance, as much as your contract provides for.

Is this the first time you will DR NetWorker? If so, keep in mind, you
will learn a lot the first time, so the 2nd time will be a little faster
:)