Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance Tuning backup

2007-07-26 13:37:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance Tuning backup
From: "Albert, Eddie (GTI)" <Eddie_Albert AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:34:35 -0400
Yabron,

You sir are awesome at stating the obvious... Seriously good job.
Second... Just because you have a Ferrari does not mean it is tuned up
and has gas in it. In other words, GigE is awesome, but the CARD could
be bad or there could be trouble on the network.

I am a SNIFFER fan, hook up and test it...

EVAN,

I think the KEY to your performance was in your initial post.. "ALL
DEFAULT SETTINGS" -- Have you read the chapter on Performance Tweaking
the Networker server? I have been gone a long time, but it WAS a free
PDF file on the EMC site. I don't want to say RTFM but I think that
might be the case here.

Let us know what you end up with... /ALE