Networker

Re: [Networker] Client issues "index was never started"

2007-07-20 11:55:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client issues "index was never started"
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:52:24 -0400

Well I highly doubt it has anything to do with the group. Have you
checked the following:

1) Is the group that is having trouble backing up just all EXCHANGE
servers?
2) Have you tested each Exchange server backup by itself to verify
performance/throughput?
3) The index was never started because the backups have not completed.
The index for each client backup when the client backup is complete. Are
you sure you have a tape drive available on your networker server to
backup indexes? If you do not then the backup group will never complete.

4) If step 3 might be the case you can modify your group details and
check on no index save. If you do this make sure you backup all client
indexes the next morning when all backups are complete. You can put all
of the clients in a special group. Create a script that runs savegrp -O
-l full groupname. This will backup all indexes fully and do the
bootstrap. The -l flag is not necessary.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918