Networker

Re: [Networker] Setting up a tape library on RH Linux via fibre

2007-07-20 10:57:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Setting up a tape library on RH Linux via fibre
From: Tony Skalski <ajs AT STOLAF DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:54:55 -0500
IIRC, on our last two (RedHat) Networker servers, we had to compile our own kernel with CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN so that it would see our tape library.

ajs

Stan Horwitz wrote:
The "inquire -l" command shows five Qualstar devices (which makes sense because there's four LTO-3 drives in it, plus the controller), but all the device files show the same thing from that sq_inq utility and "inquire -l". When I run jbconfig, it can't still find the tape library.

--
Tony Skalski
Systems Administrator