Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage node and no tape device number

2007-07-18 18:43:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage node and no tape device number
From: "Willeat, Todd" <willt7 AT STLO.MERCY DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:37:52 -0500
I've had that happen with IBM LTO-2 drive a few times. I just reinstall
the drivers and reboot.

Todd A. Willeat
Senior Storage Administrator
Sisters of Mercy Health System - MISD
3637 S. Geyer Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63127
(314) 364-3110
Todd.Willeat AT Mercy DOT net
http://www.mercy.net/

This e-mail contains information which (a) may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE
OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only
for the use of the addressee (s) named above. If you are not the
addressee, or the person responsible for delivering this to the
addressee (s), you are hereby notified that reading, copying or
distributing this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please contact the sender immediately.

Just wondering if anyone has run across this before -

We are trying to bring up a W2k3 storage node, and when I run the
inquire command, I get this: - no tape # defined, such as \\.\Tape0

[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6BA0|Tape
[email protected]:SPECTRA PYTHON          2000|Autochanger (Jukebox)
                                           S/N: 901F002779
                                           ATNN:SPECTRA PYTHON
901F002779
                                           WWNN:201F0090A5002779

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk