Networker

Re: [Networker] media db error?

2007-07-10 09:42:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] media db error?
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:33:26 +0100
Looks like a volume/barcode mismatch.  Okay, obvious, but it's possible that
you have 2 volume labels of 000424.  Load each of barcode 000405 and 424
individually and check whether one or both comes up with the right volume
label.

Running scanner on these to update the media DB doesn't tend to help, as if
you've got 2 volume 424s, scanning one will overwrite the other.  Simplest
solution is to mark barcode 405 as read only, wait until everything's
recyclable, then relabel it manually.

This is symptomatic of a previous problem btw.  Probably with confusion on the
order of tapes in the jukebox.

Cheers,

Stuart.