Networker

Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Sun StorEdge Enterprise Backup to EMC NetWorker 7.4

2007-07-09 11:14:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Sun StorEdge Enterprise Backup to EMC NetWorker 7.4
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:11:10 +0100
Rehala wrote:
Hello All,

I have a server running SUN StorEdge EBS v7.2 and I want to upgrade to EMC's version. I would like to retain all metadata and configuration as well as the media DB. Does anyone know if this will be straight forward upgrade or will it be a messy process with no option to rollback once I start?

It is straightforward. The only difference between the two is the licences.