Networker

Re: [Networker] ADIC Scalar i500 cleaning notification and "MOVE MEDIUM" errors

2007-07-07 11:12:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] ADIC Scalar i500 cleaning notification and "MOVE MEDIUM" errors
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:08:58 -0400
On Jul 7, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Paul Robertson wrote:

Folks,

We're running nw_7_3_2_jumbo.Build.11 on Solaris 10 with an ADIC Scalar i500 library shared with a second storage node.

Over the past few months, we've experienced several occasions where the Networker server loses the ability to manipulate tapes in the library. Typically, the error message sequence is as follows:

I don't use ADIC hardware, but I saw similar behavior on my Sony PetaSite when I allowed it to do automatic tape drive cleanings. The tape library didn't notify NetWorker when it was actually cleaning a tape drive, so sometimes, NetWorker would attempt to use a tape drive that was in the process of being cleaned, which caused problems. After I configured NetWorker to do auto tape drive cleanings and configured the tape library not to do auto cleaning, the problem disappeared. You might try the same thing if you are using your Scalar i500's auto cleaning feature.