Networker

Re: [Networker] MacOS X on Intel/x86?

2007-07-02 09:49:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] MacOS X on Intel/x86?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:46:13 -0400
On Jul 2, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Sackson [US], Mark A. wrote:

I am interested in learning more about backing up Mac clients. I did not think there was a GUI on the Mac. In otherwords, while it can easily be
backed up, the restoration process was all command line.

We are running 7.2.2 on an AIX box, and would love to add a Mac backup.

The Mac NetWorker client lacks a GUI, the it the usual command line features work fine. Its also a client only, no server, no license manager, no storage node. You can find all the info about the Mac OS X client by going to powerlink and downloading the documentation.