Networker

Re: [Networker] Set Savesets not recyclable

2007-07-02 02:12:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Set Savesets not recyclable
From: Tim Verbois <Tim.Verbois AT ET.VLAANDEREN DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:10:05 +0200
Message was rejected by the list, now in plain text

Tim Verbois wrote:
There are no clones...

Darren Dunham wrote:
an error in a script changed al the retention policies of all our incremental savesets to 1 day. Since I only noticed it after that day passed, the savesets are now marked "recycled".

"recyclable" or "expired", I hope, not "recycled".

The Tapes are NOT, so, the data is still there. Can I undo this?

I hope so.

I tried the following:

# nsrmm -o notrecyclable -v -S 2556121307
Save set 2556121307 cannot be marked as notrecyclable.
Please specify the ssid/cloneid of the particular clone instance.

Looks like you have a recent version with separate retentions on
clones.  Perhaps only the clone on that tape has been marked recyclable?

Can you use 'mminfo' to get the cloneid as well?  Try changing the
retention time or the status on the ssid/cloneid.

# nsrmm -o notrecyclable -v -S 2556121307/<cloneid>

# nsrmm -e forever -S 2556121307

Same thing here.  Although if you truly want "forever", you could also
just set the volume to be manually recyclable.

--
Tim Verbois
Unix Team

--