Networker

Re: [Networker] VTL/Dedup

2007-07-01 08:17:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] VTL/Dedup
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 08:13:45 -0400
I guess my question was somewhat unclear... sorry.

I was asking about VTLs in general and then also about DeDup
technologies.

>From a theoretical standpoint, I would rather use Adv_File type devices,
but so far my real world experience with them has be less than
wonderful.  The biggest annoyance to me being that a saveset can't span
2 of them.  Not being able to use scanner is something else like that
concerns me.

Anyone know if there is a plan to change either of these issues in
future releases?

So I guess to restate part of the intent of the post... what have
peoples experience be so far with VTLs... What kind do you have
deployed(limitations/perceived advantages).  I've read a lot of stuff on
the web, but most of it I wouldn't consider objective, so I'd like to
hear from the mouths of the people using them day to day.

Thanks in advance.

Joel