Networker

[Networker] mmlocate script assistance

2007-06-27 12:39:08
Subject: [Networker] mmlocate script assistance
From: Ben Wall <bwall AT AMERICAN DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:36:07 -0400
Hello listmembers,

I'm trying to write a bash script to change the location of many tapes in
our library. I can get the mmlocate command to run manually, but not via script.
My script currently looks like this:

--code--
#!/bin/bash

newloc="'Some New Location'"

sudo /usr/sbin/nsr/mmlocate -u -n ourbackup1.001 $newloc
sudo /usr/sbin/nsr/mmlocate -u -n ourbackup1.002 $newloc
sudo /usr/sbin/nsr/mmlocate -u -n ourbackup1.003 $newloc
sudo /usr/sbin/nsr/mmlocate -u -n ourbackup1.004 $newloc
--code--

This is just a small part of the whole thing, but you get the idea.
I run sudo on some random command just prior to running this script so it
operates without another password check. If I add an 'echo' in front of each
line, I get the correct output, and if I then copy one of the echo'd lines
to a command prompt & hit enter, it works fine. When I run the script I get
mminfo's 'bad input' response, i.e.:
usage: mmlocate [ -s server ] [-l] [ -n name | -i id | location ]
  or   mmlocate [ -s server ] -L
  or   mmlocate [ -s server ] -d location
  or   mmlocate [ -s server ] -c { -n name | -i id }
  or   mmlocate [ -s server ] -u { -n name | -i id } location
usage: mmlocate [ -s server ] [-l] [ -n name | -i id | location ]
  or   mmlocate [ -s server ] -L
  or   mmlocate [ -s server ] -d location
etc....
We're using Networker 7.2 on Solaris 9.