Networker

[Networker] NDMP recovery does not display directory tree correctly

2007-06-27 08:03:47
Subject: [Networker] NDMP recovery does not display directory tree correctly
From: Pierpa <pierpaolo.frassino AT SOLVEIT DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:59:44 -0400
Hi all,
I've seen a strange problem backing up my Celerra v5.4 NDMP box with my
Linux Suse 9 with Networker v7.3.2 Jumbo Update 1 server.
I created a client named celerra1 with 2 saveset /fs_UNAMA and /fs_MONUC.
I run a full backup and it is correct. mminfo is able to show me infos
about both filesystems. client indexes shows both filesystem correctly.
As soon as I run a directed recovery to recover data, in the directory
tree I can see only the /fs_UNAMA filesystem, and not the /fs_MONUC.
Therefore it seems that it was not backed up, but it is not true.
If I recover a single file from the SSID recovery it works.
I've also seen that the two filesytems start the backup with 1 second of
delay respectively. For example, /fs_MONUC started at 11:00:00
and /fs_UNAMA at 11:00:01. Since I'm smart (:-))) I tried to "change
browse time" but on the GUI the time has only hh:mm and not hh:mm:ss so I
was not able to differentiate the time. Auch!
Naturally EMC support is not able to tell me nothing about it, so I kindly
request you if you ever seen this behaviour in your environment.

My last chance will be to configure 2 clients, with 1 filesystem each, and
add them to the same group, and see what happens. Are you aware of a
limitation like this ? It seems to me strange that I cannot define a
client with more than a filesystem ....

Any help and suggestion will be really appreciated

Pierpa