Networker

Re: [Networker] Adv_file house keeping

2007-06-27 07:48:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adv_file house keeping
From: Adrian Saul <asaul AT HOME-BOX.ODS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:46:08 +1000
If this is UNIX, why not something like:

find <aftd_dev_dir> > /tmp/files
for file in `mminfo <blah>`; do
 filepath=`grep $file /tmp/files`
 rm $filepath
done

Not the nicest, but should do what you need.

Vince Howard wrote:
Hi Gurus,
We have a situation where we have a couple of hundred physical disk
files I need to clear off our adv_file devices - these are savesets that
have been staged to tape but, for whatever reason, haven't been removed
from the adv_file devices.  I have updated the media db to remove
references to these disk based files and am in the process of manually
removing them from disk, and this is where my problem lies.
I know I can use ssid(60) in the report options for mminfo to report the
disk filename, but ideally I'd like NetWorker to tell me *where* on the
adv_file device I can find it, i.e. give me the path as well as the
filename.  Our 3rd party support inform me that they've tried to raise
this before and EMC basically told them to go away and that they didn't
need to know how to drill down to that level.
So... does anybody out there have the faintest idea how to glean this
info from NetWorker?  We are running NW v7.2 Build 494.
Please note that I can't just label the volumes because I still have
live data on them.
Best Regards,

Vince

Vince Howard
Programmer/UNIX System Administrator
IT Section
Wansbeck District Council
Front Street West
Bedlington
Northumberland
NE22 5TU
UK

Tel (DDI): +44 (0)1670 843472
Fax:       +44 (0)1670 843484
e-mail:    v.howard AT wansbeck.gov DOT uk
Web: www.wansbeck.gov.uk <http://www.wansbeck.gov.uk/>

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Thank you.

they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the originator of the message.

states them to be the views of Wansbeck District Council.

This footer also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.

Wansbeck District Council Web Site is: www.wansbeck.gov.uk